Thursday, May 28, 2015

Tatyana vs. Yasanna - Work In Progress


Dana Burton offered a new kit - last doll (#4) from Heiress Series 2 - Russian Queen Yasanna.

It has been a long time since I dressed dolls and thought it would be a nice change to the activity I've been busy recently. Again, it is true to say that if you want to have a break from what you are busy with - find another activity, :))))


The name "Yasanna" doesn't sound Russian for me, and since it is supposed to be a Russian Queen(?), I decided to give her Russian name Tatyana. For some reason this name clicks with the character I would like to make, even though there was no female Slavic monarchs named Tatyana in the Russian history.


The first idea was to make Tatyana from "Eugene Onegin" by A.S. Pushkin, but the character of Pushkin's Tatyana doesn't match beautifully painted doll and the expression of her face (absolutely gorgeous work by Dana).
This lady seems ambitious for me, with a lot of pride... May be I'll change my opinion while working on her...


So, I haven't finished building her character yet, but assembled her legs, arms and dress skirt


Now I am back to fantasizing, :)))). May be I'll change the skirt and will go with the original fabric that was enclosed in the kit...


See you soon,
Natalia

Credits:
- face mold carried by Cynthia Howe (Lauren mold)
- painting, pattern by Dana Burton

7 comments:

BiWuBär said...

It's your doll and you are creating her personality and her looks... so it's good you've re-named her... ;O) What a lovely project, I'm curious to see how this will continue.

Hugs
Birgit

Ilona said...

Hi Natalia! What a gorgeous doll, I think you are right: her name doesn't sound Russian to me too ;)! I'm curious how you'll dress this elegant and beautiful lady.
I agree with you regarding sometimes to change of activity, so your mind can stay fresh and open. At least this works fine for me ;O!
Hugs, Ilona

miniaturista said...

Preciosas y elegantes ropas para la reina Rusa.
Un abrazo
Maite

Natalia's Fine Needlework said...

We both, Birgit...I mean, are curious to see how it will be going on, :)))

Natalia's Fine Needlework said...

Thank you, Ilona! The change of activities is very important for me, especially if I've noticed I started making mistakes, or just tired with on-going project, :))) Hugs, Natalia

Cinderella Moments said...

I love the new name! She looks very good in her new cream color. I know you will make her gorgeous!
hugs♥,
Caroline

Natalia's Fine Needlework said...

Thank you, Caroline!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...